Tuesday 3 November 2009

Phase 2, Week ? What's Going Off?

Welcome, sports fans...

I know that the millions of you, who read this fascinating and much anticipated rambling rubbish, will be waiting with fingernails gnawed down to the quick, for the next exciting episode of Blob-to-Bond.

Well, here it is...

My running has all gone to poo.  We tried to do an 8 miler on Wednesday and couldn't understand why we were both completely exhausted at the halfway point.  I mean, really exhausted, knackered, wiped-out.  To top that, my wife had a bad stomach so we ended up walking home.  Granted, we did complete the 8 miles and the first half was done in record time but it just wasn't right.  We could only put it down to fighting some bug off, although we didn't have any symptoms of colds or the like.  Hey ho!

I still did the gym session later that afternoon, so the day's training was saved.

Saturday found us just trying out a wee 3 miler first thing in the morning and were glad we stuck to that.  It was bloody hard work.  My legs felt like lead and I really had to grind out those 3 measly miles.  Feeling cheated and bemused I decided to bash out the gym session when I got home, to get it out the way ( no nipple waggling, you may be pleased to hear).

In light of the poor runs this week, and the weather was grim, so we decided to leave out the long run on Sunday.

I've yet to see how this week will turn out.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment